The Campaign for Riverbend
In October 2019, Riverbend began construction on two new buildings: a schoolhouse for Lower Elementary and Art and Design Lab classrooms, and a gymnasium. A significant part of this project was funded by our generous donors, and thanks to their support, Riverbend raised over $865,000 toward the cost of the project.
Now, for the first time in Riverbend history, all students and staff are located together on the same side of Route 16—all thanks to our generous community. The Campaign for Riverbend also helped provide …
- Classrooms specifically designed to foster collaboration, increase independence, and minimize disruption.
- Outdoor space for public school events, outdoor teaching, and a way to safely travel between buildings without having to cross parking areas or busy streets
- An art studio with its own kiln, and a design lab with state of the art technology
- A climbing wall to challenge and delight students in their athletic pursuits
- Rental space that provides additional revenue and positions Riverbend as a fixture in our residential community
- Technology in the classroom that was instrumental in our seamless and successful transition to remote learning during the 2020-2021 school year.
The role and significance of physical space is a tenet of the Montessori philosophy. These spaces have allowed us to create the ideal prepared environment and address the unique needs of a Montessori school. With the completion of The Campaign for Riverbend, our campus embodies the spirit of its students. It is a constant, a comfort; a place for discovery, for learning, and for growth.
In September 2021, families, board members, staff, faculty, and even a few alumni, gathered on the quad to celebrate and admire the new spaces they helped make possible. It was an honor to welcome these supporters to campus and to be able to show our gratitude. We are so thankful to all who donated and whose leadership and commitment carried us through this momentous capital campaign effort.
Designated naming opportunities remain available should you wish to be a part of The Campaign for Riverbend! For more information, contact Riverbend’s Director of Development, Katelyn Lincoln, at 508-655-7333 ext. 225 or email@example.com.