In our recent annual K-8 Spanish Assembly, our community gathered to watch students and faculty showcase their skills in Español through theatrical acts, music and dance. The audience was treated by a surprise Tango demonstration, then invited to Tango themselves. This wonderful program was put together by Spanish teacher Christine Feder and included:
- The Children’s House performed a sing and dance to “Baila con tu cuerpo”.
- Pre-LE student Ari read the book “La Ropa”.
- The 3rd grade class performed a play called “Caperucita Roja y el Lobo” with David on guitar and the narratives were read by Matty.
- 1st, 2nd 3rd and 4th grades performed Baile al Ritmo de “Cheki Morena”.
- The crowd was treated to an Argentino tango introduction by the 6th grade class.
- Professional performers from the Arthur Murry Dance Studio gave a showing of a full Tango dance led by Senora Olga and her dance partner .
- The 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th graders concluded the assembly with performances on the percussion with guidance from Mr. Foot and Mrs. Mariana to the songs “Chieka Morena” and “Tango”!