Step 1: Discover the magic! See a virtual tour of Riverbend School
Visiting Riverbend School is absolutely the best way to truly discover the many wonders of Montessori education. Here at Riverbend every student of every age is inspired and nurtured to develop a lifelong passion for learning. It’s magical – come and take a look. Register for more information and a link to see our beautiful campus.
Step 2: Apply online
Application due dates for our priority Admissions are as follows:
- December 1st – Children’s House Toddler (ages 15 months – 3) and Primary students (ages 3 -4)
- February 1st – Kindergarten – 8th grade
Applications received after the above deadlines will be welcomed on a rolling basis. Apply today!
Step 3: Student Visits
- Elementary students (Kindergarten – 8th grade) visit the school for either a 1 hour, half-day, or full-day session, depending on their grade PRIOR to an enrollment decision. Due to COVID19, brief visits will take place via ZOOM for the 2021-22 Admissions Season.
- Primary students (ages 3 – 5 yrs.) have a brief visit in the classroom AFTER enrollment is offered during the late spring months. It is a welcome visit for the group of incoming students. Parents are invited to stay and have a brief orientation about the start of school.
- Toddler students (ages 15 mos. – 3 yrs.) visit the classroom AFTER enrollment is offered during the summer weeks prior to the student’s start of school. The visits are part of a “phase-in” process to help prepare them for the start of school. Parents stay with the children as they visit.
Step 4: Admissions Decisions
Decisions for Children’s House applicants are made by mid-December and will continue until the program is full. Elementary (K-8th grade) decisions are sent March 10 and deposits are due by April 10.
Waitlisted applications will be carried over to the following school year and applicants will not have to re-apply.
Please contact Lynn Shevory, Director of Admissions:
The Riverbend School admits families of any race, color, national or ethnic origin, marital status, religion, political beliefs, disability, and sexual orientation to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to families of the school. Toilet training is not a prerequisite for admittance in our Toddler and Primary programs.