Developed more than a century ago and successful throughout the world, the Montessori Method of education is a child-centered educational approach based on scientific observations of children from birth to adulthood.
Its foundation is a belief that children are naturally curious and eager to learn. Its core value is respect for the human spirit and the development of the whole child—physical, social, emotional, cognitive. Montessori students learn to think critically, work collaboratively, and act boldly– essential 21st century skills are cited as the focus of curricular reform in many schools, but have been at the heart of Montessori education since it was first developed and put into practice by Dr. Maria Montessori in Rome in 1907.
- An Introduction to Montessori Education
- See Montessori in action
- Top 5 reasons to choose Montessori
- Montessori Builds Innovators
- Montessori: The Missing Voice in the Education Reform Debate
- Maria Montessori Stands at the Head of The Class
- WSJ on the Montessori Mafia
- Is Montessori The Origin Of Google & Amazon?
- Montessori, Now 100, Goes Mainstream
- Students Prosper with Montessori Method
- Montessori: The Science behind the Genius, Chapter 1
- 10 benefits of a Montessori preschool
- Why Montessori for Kindergarten?