Riverbend School is located in historic South Natick, a suburb nestled between the towns of Wellesley, Natick, Dover, and Sherborn, just 15 miles west of Boston.
Our spacious campus beside the Charles River, offers a scenic and safe atmosphere, convenient access to Boston’s cultural attractions, and natural and historic points of interest within walking distance.
OUR FACULTY MAKE THE MOST OF OUR UNIQUE LOCATION THROUGH:
- A close relationship with the Natick Community Organic Farm, where students work and learn in the three greenhouses, gardens and farmyard.
- Science classes and recreational outings to nearby Elm Bank Reservation, a 182-acre estate property of woodlands and fields listed in the National Registry of Historic Places.
- Hiking and nature studies at nearby Broadmoor Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Visits to local historic sites, such as the Eliot Church (founded in 1651), and the Bacon Free Library (opened in 1881).
- Field trips to Boston to visit museums, historic sites, and attend concerts, plays, dance performances, and other cultural events. Classes also take advantage of learning resources throughout our region including the Ecotarium, Wheelock Family Theater, and the Acton Discovery Museum.
- Community-building trips include: Middle School—A Mountain Classroom/Appalachian Mountain Club-NH, Close Up program-Washington, D.C.; Upper Elementary—Nature’s Classroom/Sargent Center, NH. Sixth–Eighth students also attend Montessori Model UN in NYC.
Schedule Your Visit
The Riverbend educational experience is unlike any other, and the best way to understand it is to see it in action. Arrange a tour today to see for yourself!